Patient Participation Group (PPG)
As the Patient Participation Group for Hollybrook Medical Centre and Sinfin Surgery, we aim to:
- Improve healthcare in our community by providing a bridge between patients and our health professionals in the interests of both.
- Facilitate two-way communication between our community of patients and practice.
- Provide sensitive, constructive, and evidence-based support to our health professionals.
- Provide our professionals with data to help them reach decisions, and to support them in communicating changes to our community.
- Help raise necessary funds to support our professionals.
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us on Facebook
Are you a carer?
A carer is someone who looks after someone they love who can’t do daily tasks for them-selves. They do not get paid, though if you get Carer’s Allowance, you are still a carer.
- If you do shopping for someone you know because they can’t do it themselves, you are a carer.
- If you assist someone to the hospital or doctors because they need assistance, you are a carer.
- If you do any tasks at all for someone - no matter how big or small because they can’t do them for themselves - you are a carer.
The Sinfin Carers’ Group is there to support you.
The Group meets every Wednesday between 2 and 3.30 pm at:
Sinfin Community Centre
50 Swallowdale Road
The Group is there to enable carers to meet with other carers. We know that caring for someone can be very stressful and lonely and can cause your own health to suffer. Sin-fin Carers’ Group is there to provide you with some time out just for yourself.
If you like, you can join in some activities that may interest you, or try out something new. Activities include Yoga, meditation, crafts, and massage. We also have guest speakers on topics of interest to carers.
Just come along and talk to us.
For more information, call or text 07491 133403 to speak with a member of the Patient Participation Group.