Taking care of your health involves more than just medicine.
Gary, Lydia and Sammi are our Social Prescribers who work with our GPs and healthcare professionals and adopt a patient centered approach to help you have more control over your health and focus on what matters to you.
They can link you to services in the community and support you with your needs which may include:
- Social isolation and / or loneliness
- Emotional wellbeing
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- Education and learning
- Life changing events such as birth, retirement, divorce and bereavement
- Housing, benefits, financial support and advice
- Local groups and activities
- Support with long term conditions management, mental health, social needs affecting wellbeing
- Encouraging independence
- Befriending, counselling and other support groups
- Assistance to complete documents or forms
Our Social Prescribers can liaise with you in a variety of settings and methods to suit you, you may benefit from a telephone conversation or face to face meeting either at the practice, in your own home or in the community.
To access this service you can simply talk to your GP or healthcare professional or our non-clinical team and ask them to refer you. Alternatively, you can fill in a self-referral form below which will be passed to the Social Prescribers. If you are unable to complete the form please contact the practice if you still wish to self-refer.